UPDATED: Greece travel requirements
[Updated, January 10th, 2022]
Prior to departure, all travellers (including children over the age of 5) must ensure that they display one of the following documents regardless of nationality, their vaccination status or proof of recovery,
Acceptable documents include:
- A negative PCR molecular test results from a laboratory; the test must be taken up to 72 hours before entry.
- A negative RAPID test results from a laboratory; the test must be taken up to 24 hours before entry.
Additionally, if exiting:
- A vaccination certificate issued by a certified authority.
- Certificate of recovery from SARS-CoV-2 infection issued by a public authority or a certified laboratory. The certificate is issued 30 days after the day of the first positive COVID-19 test and is valid for 90 days after that.
All certificates must include the critical information (i.e. number of doses and their respective dates) in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian and the person’s full name must match the name on the passport or any other recognized travel document.
Travellers arriving in Greece are subject to:
- Sampling RAPID antigen tests at the entrance gates for selected individuals drawn from a targeted sampling system, based on the ”EVA” system.
- Mandatory isolation if they test positive for SARS-Cov-2, following a sampling test. In this case, the travellers and their travel companions are accommodated in quarantine hotels, where they will undergo further PCR testing to confirm the initial diagnosis. Guests will stay in seclusion hotels for at least 10 days. The expenses of the accommodation in quarantine hotels are covered by the Greek state.
Compliance with the health protocols during transport and throughout your entire stay in Greece is the key factor that will allow all of us to stay safe and return to normality.
We appreciate your understanding and apologize in advance for any additional inconvenience.
For more information about the Protocols for Arrivals in and Departures from Greece:
Halkidiki is the #SunnySideofYou!