Location: From Thessaloniki → 61km- From Polygyros → 27km
Nea Moudania is a place of great historic interest; since so many ancient settlements from the Hellenistic period has been discovered there.
The old pier “Kargi Limani” is claimed to be a part of the tradition which served the area in old days. Nea Moudania, now, is one of the most powerful communities of southern Halkidiki which is always busting as it attracts many visitors.
Worth it to see:
- The highest point of the town, called “the hillock of Panagia Koryﬁni” where an attractive basilica church stands out.
- The “Zografou” Tower, the Byzantine tower and some outstanding structures which belongs to the “metochi” as well as its fountain starring there since 1853.
- The remarkable the Museum of Fishing Vessels and Equipment which is unique in Greece and the Folklore museum, too.
- The huge Open-air Theatre that hosts a variety of great theatre productions and high-class concerts, just next to the waterside, as a part of the "Sea Festival".
- The Yachting Club of Nea Moudania, which is known for its international distinctions for sailing courses and the international ﬁshing competitions that it hosts. As Nea Moudania boosts one of the largest ﬁshing-wharves in Greece, visitors can enjoy going fishing in town.
✓ Don’t miss it
- Catching an amazing sunset in the Mount Olympus where the view is astonishing while enjoying some drinks.
- The Folklore Week events that are hosted by the cultural club “Faros” and the second one major event, the “Sardine festival”, a “tasty” feast where visitors enjoy delicious sardines while drinking retsina, a kind of dry wine.