Before the village, there is a thin strip of land which features the canal of Potidea to serve ships that come and go to Toroneos Gulf to fish. The canal is the main attraction of Potidea as it impressively joins Toroneos and the Thermaikos Gulfs. These two gulfs embrace the village. On either side of the isthmus (canal), there are seaside parks where one could enjoy long and relaxing walks in the green.
According to specific historical sources, “the first canal in Potidea was opened by Kassandros while its existence is dated from the 1st century BC. Later, the canal was fixed by the Byzantine emperor J.Palaeologus in 1407.